A Diagnostic/Functional Assessment process involves:
- Review of previous reports by your psychologist, psychiatrist, doctor, and/or other allied health therapist.
- Completion of standardised questionnaires by the child, teen or adult, and their parents, caregivers, family members and/or partner.
- Scoring and interpretation of questionnaires by your therapist.
- An initial 90-minute interview prior to undertaking an assessment and to determine whether it will be useful to conduct the whole assessment. Your assessment will be conducted in a separate session.
- Between one and two hours of assessment, including semi-structured interview and use of standardised and measures. You will be advised length of assessment prior to testing.
- A one-hour feedback session to convey the results of testing and the recommendations arising from the results.
- A comprehensive report prepared by your therapist.
- The fee for the Diagnostic/Functional Assessment includes report preparation. When booking a Diagnostic/Functional Assessment, please let the receptionist know if the report will be required for funding purposes, and which type of funding.