Allied Health Assistant
An Allied Health Assistant can play a crucial role in enabling people experiencing disability to identify and implement methods that support their participation in a variety of activities. This may include modifying an activity or an environment to suit the individual.
Paul Kay, our Allied Health Assistant, offers a range of services to individuals and groups. Paul predominantly works with older children, teens, and young adults, taking a person-centred and holistic approach to address challenges and barriers that may affect the function, independence, and social inclusion of individuals.
Paul can assist with:
- Skill development in self-care and self-management
- Facilitating the growth of self-determination and self-advocacy
- Skill development in community participation
- Identifying environmental barriers at home/school/work environments
- Differentiated learning
- Building skills and identifying strategies and tools to support the individual in a variety of settings
- Building a sense of self-worth, self-esteem, and confidence within the individual
- Developing connection through social interaction and teamwork.